¤ Home » Help & Support » Domain » TLD wise Registry Rules » .CN Domain
.CN Domain Name Rules & Requirements
The following policies are applicable for .CN (Second as well as Third level) domain names:
- We provide Registration services under the following extensions:
.COM.CN (for industrial, commercial, financial enterprises)
.NET.CN (for networks)
.ORG.CN (for non-profit organizations)
- .CN domain names can only contain alphabets a to z, numbers 1 to 9 and hyphens. However, domain names cannot have two hyphens in the third place. The minimum length permitted is 1 character while the maximum length is 63 characters (excluding the .CN extension).
- A .CN domain name will not have any Money Back Period.
- Redemption Grace Period for a .CN domain name is 15 days. Moreover, there is no Pending Delete period. The domain name will be straightaway released for fresh registration post the Redemption Grace Period.
- General Contacts used for other domain name extensions (TLDs) can not be used for a .CN domain name. Only .CN Contacts can be associated with a .CN domain name.
- Privacy Protection is not supported for .CN domain names.
- A .CN domain name can have maximum 6 Name Servers.
- A maximum of 6 Child Name Servers can be created under a .CN domain name. Each Child Name Server can have only a single unique IP Address associated with it.
- Inter-Registrar Transfer of a. CN domain name is not possible, if there are less than 15 days to its Expiry.
Tech How tos